Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day low Crawl

Victor low crawling at Waimea Bay
So happy to leave his blanket behind

Kai low crawling at Waialua
Kai will sit for a short period of time but what he is most interested in is crawling.  This week he has  mastered his low crawl.  Today he would not stay still and was crawling all over the living room.  He is able to check everything out and is enjoying his new mobility immensely.  It has made him very hungry and he is exhausted.

Besides Kai mastering his crawl, we had a nice veteran's day.  Victor was home from work, it is always nice to have him around on Veteran's day because he is often deployed or TDY for holidays.  We walked to the beach this morning and spent some time there.  The waves were pretty big so we did not go swimming.  Victor worked on some of his pinball machines in the afternoon.  We then went to the Pearlridge mall and Victor had a free dinner at Chili's for veteran's day.

Tomorrow night, I am leaving Kai with Victor to attend a social with the other wives of 84 Engineers Battalion.  This BN is very different from the 3 we were in while we lived in Alaska.  Each of these had socials, called coffees, monthly.  It is a nice way to get to know everyone and find out what is going on with your husband's schedule. These were always held during the week and children were always welcomed.  My very first one was 2 weeks after we moved to Alaska and the BN commander's wife picked me up at the hotel and drove me.  This is the third one that they have had since we moved here in March.  I am looking forward to the chance to meet and make some new friends.  But I am very anxious about not putting Kai to sleep.  And I am not sure how he will do with a bottle at night.  I am sure that I will leave early because it is 45 minutes away and I will want to see my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment