Thursday, March 8, 2012

One year in Hawaii

Today

Right off the plane

March 9, 2010 Waialua
March 8th marks the one year anniversary of our arrival on Oahu.  It has been quite a busy year!  We are now settled into our lives here.  I find it takes me about 9 months to fully settle in and become comfortable with where we live.  I now love Hawaii.  The weather has been perfect even the recent torrential downpours and flash flood warnings.  Hail did not fall in Waialua but it did on the Windward side.  Kai, Victor, Caspi and I have a nice fluid routine of walking to the beach.  Caspian has Oppa, Gracie and Buddy to play with.  Victor has all 6 of his pinball machines.  Kai's list of friends is growing but it is leaning a bit more on the girl side.  I have to work on finding baby boys for him to play with.  I have friends to spend time with.  And we know our way around.

My Hawaiian bucket list is growing.  Island Hopping is number one on that list.  I want to check out Kauai and Maui.  It would be nice to go back to the Big Island too.  We have to do it in the next 14 months while flying with Kai is free.  On my list on a hike to Kaena Point to see the monk seals, hike to several of the local waterfalls, hike Koko Head and Diamond Head.  I still want to get my diving certification and now that Kai is getting older I hope to do this soon.

Watch out Caspi

Loves eating his rock


Playing with his cars



No comments:

Post a Comment